INVESTING IN YOUR CAREER THROUGH
TRAINING, MENTORSHIP, AND OPPORTUNITY
We strive to cultivate a workplace environment that rewards innovation and creativity, and which encourages employees to be forward-thinking, collaborative, and above all, united in our common Mission to keep New Jersey safe and secure.
The New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (NJOHSP) offers internships to a select group of applicants. These are part-time, unpaid internships for college credit, located in either our Hamilton, or West Trenton office. The fall internship program runs from September 11, 2017 through December 15, 2017. The application package must be submitted by July 28, 2017.
- currently be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university;
- have completed a minimum of 48 college credits or two years;
- include a writing sample (not to exceed 500 words), resume, unofficial transcript and cover letter discussing why you wish to intern for NJOHSP with your completed application; a letter of recommendation is optional;
- undergo a Level 1 background investigation check;
- have US citizenship or permanent residence status;
- be available for Orientation on September 11, 2017 from 9:00am - 5:00 pm.
- be exposed to all facets of New Jersey's homeland security and preparedness mission;
- interact with senior government officials and various government agencies;
- have the opportunity to earn college credits, gain valuable work experience, receive training and career development opportunities, and participate in a capstone presentation to NJOHSP Staff.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
There are no job openings at this time.