The NJ Regional Intelligence Academy (RIA) will be hosting a one day workshop titled: “Improving Public Safety through Critical Thinking”.
COST: None, but please preregister as seating is limited.
In this course, public safety personnel will be exposed to critical thinking techniques that can improve their decision making and delivery of public safety duties. The goal throughout this course is to focus on the practical application of critical thinking techniques with respect to real-world policing problems.
- Recognize different methods for employing “critical thinking”;
- List the differences between convergent and divergent thinking;
- Identify the difference between deductive, inductive and abductive reasoning when solving problems;
- Recognize different problem types to determine the most appropriate critical thinking approach;
- Recognize conditions for using different problem solving techniques;
- Identify the principal steps of 8-10 different problem solving techniques.
This program is designed for law enforcement and homeland security analysts.
REGISTRATION/POINT OF CONTACT
The RIA is a training partnership amongst the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (OHSP), the New Jersey State Police (NJSP) and the public safety agencies represented in the New Jersey Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) region.