Wednesday, August 26, 2015
11:00 am – 12:00 pm E.S.T.
*Meeting room will be open at 10:30 in order to conduct sound checks and assist with any connectivity problems.
Cyber threats and security continue to dominate the news as data breaches, doxing attacks and other attack methods target government, private sector and individual victims. This UNCLASSIFIED webinar will discuss the following cybersecurity topics:
- Overview of the New Jersey Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Cell (NJCCIC) including recent projects and upcoming events.
- Current threats facing New Jersey’s businesses and residents:
- Continued targeting of credentials through spear-phishing and web compromises
- Exploit kits and malware distribution
- Point-of-Sale malware
- Insights from this year’s DefCon 23 conference in Las Vegas, including:Social engineering tactics
- Dangers of using public Wi-Fi
This webinar will be conducted by cyber analysts from the NJCCIC. The NJCCIC fuses technical and non-technical sources to analyze New Jersey's local cyber threat landscape and reduce the State's virtual vulnerabilities. In addition to cyber tips, alerts, and mitigation techniques, the NJCCIC produces sector-specific threat assessments. NJCCIC analysis correlates both historical and current data and reflects a collaborative relationship with local, state, federal, and industry partners.
Dean Baratta | Chief, Analysis Bureau, NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness
* When you sign in, please indicate your name/agency (i.e. John Doe, Agency/Company X)
* You may be asked to install some plugins to allow the audio and visual part of the presentation to work properly on your system. If so, please accept them and afterwards you should be brought directly to the virtual presentation.
*Please feel free to email email@example.com or call 609-712-0397 for assistance.
The New Jersey Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness (NJOHSP) helps to direct prevention, detection, protection, response, and recovery planning, not only at the state level, but also at the regional and national levels with our varied partners. In addition to coordinating efforts with other state agencies, NJOHSP plays a critical role in helping to shape state and inter-state homeland security policy and practices. NJOHSP is led by Director Chris Rodriguez and comprised of three Divisions: the Division of Intelligence, the Division of Policy and Planning, and the Division of Administration, with ten bureaus within the Divisions.
The New Jersey Cybersecurity & Communications Integration Cell (NJCCIC) is the State’s one-stop shop for cybersecurity information sharing, threat analysis, and incident reporting. Located at the Regional Operations Intelligence Center, the NJCCIC brings together analysts and engineers to promote statewide awareness of local cyber threats and widespread adoption of cybersecurity best practices. The NJCCIC engages in close partnership with federal homeland security and law enforcement authorities, as well as sector-specific information sharing and analysis centers.