The NJ Regional Intelligence Academy (RIA) will be hosting two (2) deliveries of the one day workshop titled: “Developing Strategic Intelligence Products.” The courses will be held on the following dates at the following locations, please choose only one of the delivery offerings upon registration. (35 is the class maximum). There is NO COST to participate.
- Wednesday, May 13th – Middlesex County PTC‐ 11 North Patrol Road, Edison NJ 08837
- Friday, May 15th – Morris County Public Safety Academy, 500 W Hanover Ave, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Law enforcement and homeland security executives face a complex environment with responsibility for a wide range of natural and man‐made threats and hazards. The broad scope of responsibilities we face means that correctly identifying priorities and effectively allocating resources is critical for mission success. Strategic intelligence products are designed to assist the executive in understanding risk, identifying emerging trends and patterns, suggesting mitigation strategies and assisting in decision making.
The process is different from more common tactical intelligence and requires its own approach in order to succeed. This course is intended to assist public safety executives in understanding the fundamental concepts surrounding strategic intelligence and provide them the tools with which to introduce a strategic intelligence component into their organization.
- Identify a structured approach for developing strategic intelligence products for NJ’s senior law enforcement and homeland security executives
- Outline the components and format of well‐crafted strategic intelligence products
- Develop methods for quickly implementing a structured approach to strategic intelligence
This program is designed for law enforcement and homeland security analysts.
For your convenience a registration link is provided and is the only method of registration for this workshop. Please hit the Done button at the bottom of the link page upon completion.
Pre‐registration is required no later than May 7th 2015. Final confirmation e‐mails will be sent to the approved attendees prior to start date. Identification is required for admission.
POINT OF CONTACT