September is recognized as National Preparedness Month (NPM) which serves as a reminder that we all must take action to prepare, now and throughout the year, for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, and also where we visit.
During this week you will know how to:
- Contact family and friends before, during, and after an emergency.
- Make a family emergency communication plan
- Consider that your entire family may not be together during a disaster- make a plan of how you will reunite after an emergency.
- Prepare for the unique needs of your family members, friends and neighbors.
Graphics, Videos, & Related links
- Emergency Communications Planning graphics
- Talk with your family about making an emergency plan
- Family Emergency Communication Plan wallet card (PDF)
- Ready Kids: Family Communication Plan for Parents and Kids (PDF)
- Watch: Don’t Wait 60 second public service announcement on YouTube or Download
- Watch: Don’t Wait 30 second public service announcement on YouTube or Download
- Watch: Don’t Wait 15 second public service announcement on YouTube or Download