September is recognized as National Preparedness Month (NPM) which serves as a reminder that we all must take action to prepare, now and throughout the year, for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, and also where we visit.
During this week you will know how to:
- Understand actions you can take to be prepared for emergency
- Be aware of specific needs you may have if an emergency strikes like: medication, power needs, eye classes, devices that you may count on, pet needs, etc.
- Understand safety tips and protective actions you can take before or during a disaster.
- Download the FEMA app for disaster resources, weather alerts, and safety tips
Graphics, Videos, & Related links
- Individual Preparedness graphics
- Consider individuals with disabilities or access and functional needs with planning for emergencies
- “We Prepare Every Day” Inclusive Emergency Preparedness Card and Poster (PDF)
- “We Prepare Every Day” Public Service Announcement (PSA) (2 min)
- “We Prepare Every Day” Make a Plan PSA (30 sec)
- “We Prepare Every Day” Be Informed PSA (30 sec)
- “We Prepare Every Day” Build a Kit PSA (30 sec)