September is recognized as National Preparedness Month (NPM) which serves as a reminder that we all must take action to prepare, now and throughout the year, for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, and also where we visit. Due to the success of last year’s theme, “Don’t Wait, Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today,” will be returning for this September with a continuing emphasis on preparedness for youth, older adults, and people with disabilities and others with access and functional needs. Thank you for taking time help make America more prepared for emergencies.
Themes of the Week:
- Promote NPM: August 28-September 3 | Kickoff To National Preparedness Month
- Week 2: September 4-10 | Preparing Family & Friends
- Week 3: September 11-17 | Preparing Through Service
- Week 4: September 18-24 | Individual Preparedness
- Week 5: September 25-30 | Lead Up To National Day Of Action