NJOHSP serves as the State Administrative Agency for all Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) funding. The principal purpose of this funding is to build and sustain national preparedness capabilities.
With each federal fiscal cycle, NJOHSP initiates an intense, comprehensive strategic planning process—engaging hundreds of state, county and municipal subject matter experts in prioritizing the use of funding from the US Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA).
Currently, DHS/FEMA disperses homeland security funding to New Jersey under the HSGP through the following programs:
- State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
- Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI)
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
Base upon federal guidelines, 80% of the funds are dispersed to local units of government and the remaining 20% may be retained by the State for similar preparedness investments. The Jersey City/Newark Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Region, which includes the cities of Jersey City and Newark, as well as the counties of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, and Union, receives some of the highest funding levels in the country.
Please see below for General Grant Information.
- June 3, 2016 - Equipment Inventory Form
- September 22, 2015 - Conditions on CBRNE/HazMat Grant Funding (Attach. F)
- September 22, 2015 - Interoperability Projects (Attach. G)
- September 22, 2015 - Special Conditions for Funding Automated License Plate Readers (Attach. H)
- September 22, 2015 - Specialized Vehicles (Attach. I)
- September 22, 2015 - Information Technology Projects (Attach. J)
- September 22, 2015 - Conditions for HSGP - Funded Exercise Salary Reimbursement (Attach. L)
- September 22, 2015 - County Cyber Grant Funded Projects (Attach. M)
- September 22, 2015 - Extension Request Form (Attach. N)
- February 11, 2015 - FEMA Authorized Equipment List Website
- December 5, 2014 - Required Paperwork for Exercise Reimbursement:
- May 29, 2014 - Grant Certification Form / Certification Form Instructions
- September 23, 2014 - County Working Group Information
- May 23, 2013 - Equipment Inventory Transfer Form
- September 04, 2014 - Grant Program Funding Distribution - FY99-FY14 HSGP
- June 21, 2012 - Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment - Guide
- June 21, 2012 - Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment - Steps
- June 21, 2012 - Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment - Toolkit
- July 15, 2011 - Strategic Planning Process
- July 1, 2011 - Federal Grant Vehicle Operation Log
- April 22, 2010 - Grants Tracking System Summary Brief
- February 1, 2010 - Request for Reimbursement
- December 20, 2007 - Financial Management Guide
Click here for the OHSP Criteria for Awarding Federal and State Funding
Federal OMB Circulars